PHD Dr.Mohamed Hassan Adam Azrag Dean of the Faculty
Dr Mohamed Hassan Adam Azrag (FCCA, SCCA)
Sudan University of Science & Technology; Business Studies College; Accounting & finance department Mobile: +249 912319718E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- I have 16 years in managerial and strategic level (Last 5 years in Group in KSA) out of 23 years.
- A PhD holder in (Accounting and Finance) and qualified Financial Accountant ACCA (London -UK).
- Currently I am founder and partner of Azrag & Companies for Accounting, Auditing and financial consultancy.
1. Assistant Professor; June 2016 up to present
Accounting & Finance Department Business Studies College Sudan University of Science & Technology
2. Group CFO; August 2015 up to present Prime Source Group for Trading Second Industrial City Dammam:
In this group I carry all financial management issues includes (finance, internal controls, budgeting, system implementation and review, performance measurements through KPIs, reporting, meetings and different levels … etc.) in a group of companies in steel manufacturing, woods and trading including following AFFILIATES;
- Modern Factory for Steel Industries
- EAMAR Cement Products Factory
- Integrated Construction & Trading Company
- Integrated Construction & Contracting Company
- Al-Hadarah Wood Industries
- SALABA Cement Products Factory
- Prime Source Industrial Service
- ASRA Transport
- Steel Works and Lifting Systems
3. Group (CFO): July 2011 – July 2015 AL-Khaldi Holding Co. P.O. Box 30741 Al – Khobar 31952 Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Group.
1. Strategic Management;
- I work closely with the Vice CEO and board committees to formulate the financial strategies, policies and objectives.
- I carry KPIs tests and risk management to enable the company and its affiliates to achieve long term sustained profitability.
- I evaluate the group and affiliates’ capital plans to ensure that capital expenditures are in line with the objectives.
- I work with the management team on the development of cost structures and operating annual budgets for the company.
- We Monitor and control the budgets and costs on a consistent basis and improve the financial performance of the company and its affiliates by measuring and analysing the results; initiating corrective actions and minimizing the impact of variances.
3.Internal Control System;
- Develop and implement relevant internal control system for the group and its affiliates.
- Lead the development and implementation of accounting and operational policies and procedures.
- Treasury and cash flow management;
- I develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism to meet operating needs of the group and its affiliates.
- I manage cultivate relationship with the local and regional financial institutions to attract funds for the company’s working capital and capex requirements at competitive terms.
5. Financial Reporting;
- I Oversee and participate in the bookkeeping functions and the preparation of monthly reports, financial statements and cash flow projections.
- I ensure that accurate and timely financial reports are produced in line with and other related requirements.
- I cooperation with the external and internal auditors, with a view to meet all regulatory requirements and deadlines, up to consolidated financial statements
- I Present reports on the company’s performance, projection and industry trends to the board, senior management, banks and the potential investors.
- Zakat & other government regulatory; I keep up-to-date and ensure full compliance with zakat, income tax and other relevant laws.
4. Financial manager: September .2007 – June 2011 Berber Cement Company Ltd. (BCC) is multi- national Cement Company. Main duties:-
- Financial monitoring and management of BCC project
- Providing all financial management functions including budgeting, accounting information system management, finance, banking, treasury…
- Managing system policies & procedure including adequate internal control to ensure safeguarding of all assets.
- Providing financial reports and management report
- Participating in management internal and external meetings.
5. Financial manager: Feb.2006 – April. 2007 CARAWAN HOLDING private company
- Group financial restructuring after critical study of the different business considering risks assessment.
- Set-up group manual consist of management structure, job description, financial articles, accounting system and other management regulations Monitoring financial procedure of the group.
- Preparing periodic and annual financial reporting to the Broad of directors
- Monitoring financial management (assets utilizations, account receivable management,
6. Audit manager: Oct .2003 – Feb. 2006 Hasibeen Group Audit firm (Chartered Certified Accountants & Registered Auditors) – Khartoum – Sudan: partners Jubal & Hagar: Duties:
- Manages performance of audit assignments by staff, reviews working papers and audit reports; edits reports prepared by other auditors.
- Schedules and plans audits; assists in development of the institution’s annual audit plan.
- Participates in development, implementation and maintenance of policies, objectives, short-and long-range planning; develops and implements projects and programs to assist in accomplishment of established
- Train staff & Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Performs audit work, including plan preparation, working papers, finding, and associated reports; verifies the accuracy of financial records as they pertain to assets, liabilities, receipts, expenditures, and related transactions.
7. Teaching Assistant + Master Degree student + ACCA Student in London + Lecturer April 1995 – October 2003 Sudan University of Science & Technology
Education & professional Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting & Finance: Sudan University of Science & Technology (SUST) – 1995.
- Master degree in Accounting & Finance : SUST 2000
- PhD in Accounting & Finance: SUSR
- Professional Qualifications:
- 2010; Fellowship of Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (FCCA -UK)
- 2005 ; A member of (ACCA -UK)
- 2005 A member of Sudan Council of Certified Accountants (SCCA)
- Feb.2003 Qualified ACCA FTC London
Trainings & Workshops
I attended and participated in different training, Seminars and workshops covering:
- E- Auditing financial modelling.
- Communication skills.
- & Career Development.
- ERP (Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, Sage Line 50, Hansa, Ramco system & QuickBooks).
- World Congress of Accountants (2010 & 2014).